Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cardiology Apt.

Well we went in to see Dr. Fletcher and he was in surgery so he was about an hour or so late and while we were waiting Kaitlyn started to struggle while she was breathing. I called the nurse in and she was pretty concerned. We tried changing her position, pat her on the back nothing seemed to work. She marked it down and by the time Dr. Fletcher came in Kaitlyn had fallen asleep and her breathing slowed down to her normal breathing. Well he said since he didn't witness it and since she is breathing fine right now there is no need to worry. I was like excuse me, wtf? No wonder most chd children die before the time they are one years old. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean that it didn't happen and that there could be an issue! I told him that other day I went in to pick her up from her crib and her lips, feet, and hands were blue. I said that is not normal, he said well that can happen with the pulmonary blood flow, well it never used to happen so why is it now, figure it out! I also said why is she all of the sudden starting to breath like this, she never used to and again he didn't hear it or see it so it must not exist. Well screw if im going to take that as an answer. You can bet on that I will be calling her surgeon Dr. Hammel tomorrow thats for sure. I've almost lost my daughter on someones dumb mistake i will not allow that to happen again. I mean he could have had a EKG atleast ordered i mean by the time he actually got there we could have had the results, i mean really. I also expressed my concernes about Kaitlyn's O2 level when she creis. It goes down to the 60's ok thats fine if it does it for a couple of minuets but when it stays that low for 4 hours + No i dont think so. That means only 60% of Oxygen is going to her brain and her body. We have lost enough brain cells we dont need her to loose anymore! When this happens they give her oxygen in the hospital so why would they not to the same when she is at home. I am so angry right now, i will let you all know what her surgeon says tomorrow!

6 comments:

Liam Lockhart said...

I can't believe your Cardiologist has dismissed your concerns, I know that if it were me too i would def call the surgeon and have him check out my son. I will be praying for Kaitlyn and i hope everything is good. I will be checking in to see how things are going. I love your blog thanks for stopping by mine. Do you want me to add her to Liam's hlhs buddies on my site? You can add Liam too if you like :)
God bless
Sarah and Liam Hlhs www.liamlockhart.com

Liam Lockhart said...

Oo I forgot to say your daughter is beautiful!!! What a cutie I love the videos and the pictures

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet ones,
First I send lots of love, hugs and prayers and hold ya'll tightly in my heart and thoughts. Next, I love all of sweet Kaitlyn's pictures because it shows her strength, her "tude" and her beautiful mommie and daddy. Now, I would love to come kick that Cardiologist's hindend for you. That is some of the worst bedside manners I have seen and for him to just ignore your concerns is wrong. I pray that you were able to get some better answers from her surgeon today. Always know you are in my heart and thoughts as you are in all Kaitlyn's prayer warriors.
God bless and love,
Mammaw Pat

Anonymous said...

Christina & Mike: You are great advocates for Kaitlyn! I was out of town last week & am just getting caught up. As always, we're thinking of all of you and sending you love & strength.
Love, Auntie Karyn, Lizz & Chris

the nervous mom said...

Passing through to check on any updates!
I still can't believe either that your cardiologist is being ...well....stupid.
I hope the best for you all!!!

Heart Cardiology said...

Never give up Kaitlyn!!! i always pray for you. from Dr. Rachmat Tubagus, Indonesian Physician

Our Little HLHS Miracle

Kaitlyn's Fight For Life

Never Giving Up

Home Sweet Home